Saturday 12 May 2012

Rwanda : Uganda’s Kipsiro to plans to beat Kenyans at London


After making history at the Commonwealth Games in Delhi where he floored the revered Kenyans, Ugandan distance running star, Moses Kipsiro, is scheming a repeat at London Olympics.
“For me, I’m looking forward to this year. It’s an Olympics year and I have to concentrate on training. It will be a tough year but I’m hoping for the best since last year was not good for me,” Kipsiro said in Nairobi on Tuesday.
The Commonwealth Games 5,000m and 10,000m gold medallist has relocated from his Buko training base in Uganda to Iten to escape the fanatical after he returned home.
“After Delhi, there were a lot of parties for me in Uganda so it took my time and I did not train and when I got back to training, I pushed myself hard and got injured. After the injury, I got typhoid and that took most of my year,” Kipsiro explained his absence from the Daegu Worlds after winning the Ugandan Trials last June.
However, the Africa Championships 10,000m silver winner is working through his Kipsiro Foundation to train more athletes to deflect all the attention from him.
“For now, I have 15 athletes whom we train with at home and there are a few of us here so that we can make our country have more athletes who can compete,” he said.
Like any other athlete preparing to get a chance to participate on the biggest sporting event on the planet, Kipsiro is gearing to ensure his name is among the lights when the starting gun goes off on London on July 27.
“I take an Olympics year as a special year and a special championship. When they say you are an Olympics champion, it is the highest honor and this is what is motivating me since it comes once every four years,” he said.
http://umukino.com/2012/05/rwanda-ugandas-kipsiro-plans-beat-kenyans-london/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Walgreens Printable Coupons