Friday 30 August 2013

Platini undecided on Fifa candidacy

Platini


Uefa president Michel Platini says he remains unsure whether he will run for the same post at the head of world governing body Fifa when current president Sepp Blatter’s mandate expires in 2015.


“I am in the middle of thinking whether it is good or not good but I will certainly say something at Dubrovnik (the Croatian city where the next Uefa executive committee meetings will be held on September 19 and 20),” the Frenchman told sports daily L’Equipe.


“I am obliged to say something because everyone is expecting me to express myself,” added the 58-year-old who enjoyed a glorious playing career that peaked in 1984 when he captained France to their first European championship.


“It is not a simple decision. People will fight each other to have the position of Fifa president, but not me.


“I have to determine whether it is a good thing for football. I was Michel Platini, I won three Ballon d’Ors, I was the best player in the world. To be No 1 in the world, I’ve already done that in football but not in the corridors.


“I have to convince myself that it’s my destiny and it’s good for football because I am very happy at Uefa.


“In any case, to choose between Fifa and Uefa is not to be condemned to prison or a work camp.


Platini replaced Sweden’s Lennart Johansson in 2007 while Blatter has been in office since 1998 when he succeeded Brazilian Joao Havelange.


The Swiss 77-year-old says his fifth term will be his last but there are rumours he may be set to change his mind and run for re-election.


“I don’t know what he will do,” continued Platini.


“I will take my decision alone without worrying about Sepp. In the beginning (2011), he said he would stop in 2015. Now he is saying he will explain his decision in one year in Brazil.


“He has said I am his natural successor but there is no deal between us even if it’s true that today I am a legitimate candidate to go to Fifa.”


Source:-http://www.umupira.com/teams/10069/platini-undecided-on-fifa-candidacy/



Platini undecided on Fifa candidacy

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your article will find lots of helpful and informative tips.

HP - 15.6"ProBook Notebook 4 GB Memory and 160 GB Solid State Drive - Tungsten

HP - 13.3"ProBook Notebook 4 GB Memory - 320 GB Hard Drive

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Walgreens Printable Coupons