Friday, 24 February 2012

Rwanda : Kabarore shop burns to ashes

Kabarore shop burns

Nyandwi’s shop in ashes
Norbert Nyandwi’s dreams of a propersous buiness were shattered on the February 8, when his Rwf1.5 million  worthy retail shop was set ablaze due to high voltage, living the shop in complete ashes.
Nyandwi, a sole proprietor of a located in a larger business mall that houses 24 different shops in Kabarore district, says he woke up at 4:00 am only to receive the sad news about the destruction of his business, which was his only source of livelihood.
According to Nyandwi, his shop was burnt due to high voltage electricity supply from Electrictiy and Water supply company (EWSA). Before the shop caught fire, an electric pole from which his shop was connected,  got burnt prior to his shop.
“Had it not been by the help of Rwanda National police that brought fire extinguishers, all the 24 neighbouring shops could have turned into ashes.”says the disappointed Nyandwi.
Director of Electricty and Water supply (EWAS) in Kabarore district, Vedaste Kanamugire said that the cause for the fire was electricity but the accident was not as a caused by result of the company faults.
Vedaste explains that “the power lines to Nyandwi’s shop were poorly installed with electric materials that lacked enough capacity to handle high voltage supply power needs.
Not everything Nyandwi had turned into ashes, collegues who run the other neighbouring 23 shops have promised to make a fundraising meant to bring back Nyandwi into business since what happened to him was never his fault and can happen to anyone else.


Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Walgreens Printable Coupons